Re: [zzdev] Re: :zzSig: Containment dims (was Re2: Questions

Thanks, all, for including me in this discussion again.

Yes, I would very much like to again be part of it.
Please count me in.  But use

   disneylogic@xxxxxxxxxxx

as my e-mail address of choice.  I get it in more places,
and it's far better than Yahoo!.  Not in Micronesia, either.
It's an Australian invention.

  "A mind stretched by a great new idea
   never returns again to its former dimensions."

 -- Jan

P.S.  What d'ya all think of that old scrooge Ellison, eh?
      See, e.g.,
      http://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/05/06/software.debate.reut/

      He needs to be surprised.  (;-)}

On Wed, 7 May 2003 00:23:30 +1000, "Andrew Pam" <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 11:53:32PM -0700, Ted Nelson wrote:
> >  (A depth setting has been suggested as a way to prevent
> >  accidental runaway perpetual loops; but if you *want*
> >  this mechanism to allow perpetual loops, well, we can
> >  discuss it :)
>
> When rendering contained cells, my implementation uses a temporary list
> of cells already part of the containment structure and never follows a
> connection that leads to a cell already included earlier.  This allows
> arbitrary depths without looping, but of course it is only one possible
> implementation; there could be situations in which looping to a fixed
> depth is preferable.

[snip]

--
Jan Theodore Galkowski   (o°)