Re: [zzdev] Re: :zzSig: Containment dims (was Re2: Questions

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 11:53:32PM -0700, Ted Nelson wrote:
>  (A depth setting has been suggested as a way to prevent
>  accidental runaway perpetual loops; but if you *want*
>  this mechanism to allow perpetual loops, well, we can
>  discuss it :)

When rendering contained cells, my implementation uses a temporary list
of cells already part of the containment structure and never follows a
connection that leads to a cell already included earlier.  This allows
arbitrary depths without looping, but of course it is only one possible
implementation; there could be situations in which looping to a fixed
depth is preferable.

Regards,
	Andrew
--