[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Mark-Jason's Question about attributes
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Mark-Jason's Question about attributes
- From: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:54:03 -0500
- Cc: mjd@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:49:59 +1100." <19981028164959.R6044@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
> > Sure you can! Just make the "male" cell the negative endcell
> > (headcell). ("Jump to headcell" is one of those unimplemented
> > items from the original design that haven't even made it to the
> > current wish list.)
> > That means you have a chain of males (chain male !-)
> > but that's close to the spirit of ZigZag.
> Huh? -I- don't understand that "headcell" bit, can you explain it in
> terms of some of the more basic operations?
Ted means that you do it like this:
MALE -- Homer -- Bart -- Barney -- Moe -- Ned -- Snake
FEMALE -- Marge -- Lisa -- Maggie
Then if you are sitting on a cell, say `Ned', and you want to know
whether Ned is male or female, you move in the -d.sex direction as far
as you can, and the cell that you finally come to tells you the
answer. This cell is the `headcell'.