[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
YRJ & Scheran
- To: <xtech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: YRJ & Scheran
- From: Rick Mascitti <autodesk!blitzen!rick>
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 90 19:50:53 PST
Let me echo markm's congrats, in a *big hearty* way. This is a
major milestone for Montage, and for Xanadu (we now have a Scheme
version of FeBe!). Credit, as usual for this project, gets shared
amongst many contributors, but it was Rob that executed it. Way
to go! (I knew there was *some* reason we hired you. :-)).
Yeah, the stuff's still a little grotty, but much of the cleanup
is obvious and much easier than what's been done to date.
For the record, I had about the same level of comm working in the
May BE but with several notable differences:
- There was no real permissions system so I could
delve right into Docs & Links
- I generated the moose objects by hand, Rob's new
Scheran does it automagically
- I resolved C++ overloaded functions by hand, Rob's
new Scheran does it automagically
- I never removed dangling handles from the IntegerTable
used to store them, Rob's implementation does so they
will be GC'd (oops, make that "unreferenced handles")
[of course we have to verify that this works]
- I didn't have to open a connection to a remote BE.
All in all, this is a huge win. This, along with some other events
this week has just about made my year. This sure is an exciting
place to be working!
ps I think Rob meant "remote" Models. We have local Models (list,
text, graphics) working just fine in the current prototype.
pps We await the "write-to-disk" BE with heightened anticipation.