[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
making networks of objects is easier...
- To: <kahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: making networks of objects is easier...
- From: Eric Dean Tribble <tribble>
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 90 17:51:10 PST
- Cc: <januscore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xtech>
- In-reply-to: <Ken>,43 PST <90Dec13.103044pst.2157@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Scheme's letrec doesn't quite provide the functionality because often
times they'll need to send messages to each other as part of their
creation, but after initialization (or even as part of their
initialization). You can't do that in Scheme. In Janus though,
messages sent as part of the startup of the object but after
initialization get handled correctly. Further, if the two objects
have a creation order dependency, dataflow constraints will simply
stop the initialization of one object till the other object can supply
it with the piece it needs. I realize this is abstract, but it should
be fairly clear....