A Macro for Steppers

A problem arises when the action in the Stepper loop involves a return
      from the embodying function.  The execution scopes of X++ and Smalltalk
      differ somewhat here:  A return in the X++ macro will return from the
      function that uses the macro, whereas a return in the block in Smalltalk
      would just return from the block, but not the calling method.  ...

   I believe that a return from the block in Smalltalk also returns from
   the invoking method, so the two languages agree here.  I'm also not
   sure, Dean??

Yes.  It's quite annoying that there is no convenient way to
explicitly return out of a block except by falling off the end.
Smalltalk has the same return semantics as a return expression in X++.

dean