Re: Archives and Backfollows

This issue, and Dean's response on it, crystallizes a question which
has been in my mind since I first heard a detailed description of the
Xanadu information server:  in typical, imaginable applications, what
is liable to be the ratio between number of bytes of plain data and
number of bytes included in links?  By "included in links", of course,
I mean to exclude the data bytes in the endsets ("plain data") and
count only the "overhead".  It's my suspicion that storage overhead for
links could amount to a frighteningly large fraction of the system's
total.