:zz: ZigZag patent and trademark [Was: **** Instant Outlining !!! ***]

Dear Jack Park:

Just to clear up a couple of trademark and patent matters:
 You say

>> I know of no patent infringement issues; zigzag was published a long time
>> ago and I know of no patents on it.

The patent is:
United States Patent  6,262,736    July 17, 2001
  "Interactive connection, viewing, and maneuvering system for
 complex data".

You say
>>Ted's gonna have trouble with
>> trademarks.  Just google zigzag to see why.

There are many uses of "ZigZag".  The U.S. trademark on the use of
 the name "ZigZag" for computer software was registered to me this
 year.

The registered trademark of "ZigZag" for software has no bearing
 on the possible use of the trademark "ZigZag" by others for
 nightclubs, perfume, cruises, condoms, floor tiling or whatever.

Cheers, Ted Nelson

Theodor Holm Nelson      ?      Designer      ?      Consultant
Senior Fellow, the McLuhan Institute, Toronto, Canada
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965