Re: [zigzag] Re: [zigzag] Questions...

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 06:28:47PM +0000, Richard Palmer wrote:
> > - As I understand it from the docs the current default space is 'system
> > space'? and users are not really meant to add cells to it. Is this
> > correct? and if so where do users add their cells ( is this where slices
> > come in?).

> You *are* supposed to add your cells there, just don't put them on the
> system list.

At the moment people have been putting their data starting from the home
cell, but to some other direction than down on d.2.

> 0.8, when it comes out will be quite different.

In the new "gzz", we can create several slices, where sets of data can be
stored. Probably the layout will also change, so that the user's space
will include the system space somewhere in it.

> > - The various modules supplied all only work if the cells are laid out
> > in the correct order ( e.g I had to read the source code to work out how
> > to get the Mind module to generate output). Is their some way to force
> > creation of cells in the required layout for a module or would users
> > have to read the docs/code for each module to learn how to layout the
> > cells?.

For example, we list on AllViews all the views we think are at least
somewhat in a usable state - you are supposed to clone the views you want
to use to Views list. In the same way, Actions should contain all the
commands you can run. Mind commands were not included in the latest
release because we didn't want new, possibly unstable features, as the
release was for the new Debian stable. And it's easy to get them working
if you know what you're doing: just create cells with the command names.

Regards,
Tuukka

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: Tuukka.Hastrup@xxxxxx