Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Why sacredness of homecell? (wuz Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] JDK1.1/1.2 compat. problem: cursor

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Ted Nelson wrote:

> Hi--
>
> >Yes, well, tell him that the Cell with the ID 1's connection downward on
> >d.2 is to be considered holy and mustn't be touched at all.
>
> WOOOPS !?!?!
>
> That wasn't mentioned.  I have of COURSE been hopping it
>  and putting contents in it.

Ok, that's it then. That *will* cause crashes. Especially when
pressing Esc, as it finds the dimensions through that route.

> Marlene sez
>
> >> If moving the home cell or system list  causes a major failure, wouldn't it
> >> be good to make that an impossible operation?
>
> I agree.
>
> But what does it mean to "move the home cell"?  If you move
>  all the *other* cells, you're moving the home cell relatively.
>  I think all ops should be allowed on the home cell except deletion.

It means changing the connections of the home cell on d.2.

Yes, these will have to be fixed somehow but I'm not exactly sure
what's a good and efficient way to do it.

> >Possibly while customizing where the
> >actions are he tried to move the cell on the system list to another place?
> >That would easily do it...
>
> Hey, I think it should be allowed.  Even DELETION of an op you don't like
>  (I'd like to delete CNCTI and CNTCTC).

Yes, the OPS are editable. It's just that the main system list:
the rank starting from the home cell on d.2.

	Tuomas