Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Big name in window? (wuz Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 09:46:35PM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> >Example custom build title:
> >  Custom CVS Build 2000-07-11T14:21:59Z by ajk@musti
>
> That's pretty ponderous for a user to have to look at.
>  Any chance to shorten it, to (say)
> gzzBuild 00-07-11  pm4:21 by ajk

I have a problem about using nonstandard date & time formats in a context
where it's not good to customize it.  For example, is that 11th of July
or 7th or November?  The ISO standard format is unambiguous (and lacks
the nationality load that makes me angry about these things :-).

We need all the following info:
  - whether this is a custom build, a snapshot build or a release
  - when was this build made
  - who did it (if custom build)

Your suggestion will fail to deliver the first one.  And it's much
more cryptic.

--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%