Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 07:29:40AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> Ouch. That means that when making a version, we must make a temporary
> change to CVS and then back that change out again?

No, when releasing, we should *first* make a branch for the release,
make the version change in that branch and *then* tag the final version,
in that branch.  No version changes *ever* in CVS trunk.

That also allows us, if we ever decide to do that, to make maintenance
releases by just checking out the branch, making the fixes, tagging
and releasing.

--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%