[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Anomaly report: re dimensions
- To: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Anomaly report: re dimensions
- From: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 07:53:54 +0900
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxx, xanni@xxxxxxxxxx, eharter@xxxxxxxxx, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20000704140853.17842.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <Your message of "Tue, 04 Jul 2000 23:47:46 +1000." <20000704234746.F2579@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Mark-Jason-- good to hear from you again--
This is exactly what I realized a few days ago.
You may have seen it on the zzdev list.
At 10:08 AM 7/4/00 -0400, you wrote:
>> If you want a tool that can rename all connections in a given
>> dimension, it would be possible but potentially very slow if you
>> have a lot of cells!
>If links knew their dimensions by ID number instead of by name, then
>it would be trivial to rename a dimension. You might also be able to
>get a speedup when deleting a dimension by deferring the actual
>deletion until the next time the data was dumped out to persistent
>storage, or even longer.
Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
? e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx ? world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
? http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/ ? http://www.xanadu.net
? Coordinates in USA Tel. 415/ 331-4422
Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965