[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :gzz,virt: Dim. rotation probs (was Re2: [zzdev] :gzz: Usage & Problem Report (version of 06.28)
- To: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :gzz,virt: Dim. rotation probs (was Re2: [zzdev] :gzz: Usage & Problem Report (version of 06.28)
- From: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@xxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:36:14 +0300 (EEST)
- Cc: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx, xanni@xxxxxxxxxx, eharter@xxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <18.104.22.168.20000707180228.007fbde0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >I find it nice to be
> >able to reset to the beginning - when you're at home you don't have much
> >use to special dimensions before you've travelled somewhere. And at the
> >present, one can use 'home' to get home without changing the
> >dimensions. Should we change this?
> I'd suggest what we have in the prototype: "go home" separate from
> "reset view". If you want them the same it can be a keybinding that
> puts both functions on one key.
Well, which keys should these all be?
> >> ? The left-hand window cannot seem to rotate its dimension views.
> >> It should be usable for general exploration, dims must rotate.
> >You tried Ctrl-x and Ctrl-Shift-x?
> No. I expected caps for the left and lower-case for the right.
> Since going backwards through the list is a lot less important than
> rotating the left window view, the simpler keystroke should rotate.
Done. The importance is relative though: if you have more than six
dimensions on the list, rotating backwards gets vital.