:zz,spi: Cosmology (was Re: zz(Finland) postponed

Hi Mike

>	But here's a zz question on a simpler order:  do you think of zz as
>operating system?, an application? or a technology (like Postscript)?

Those are *other* people's distinctions.

The answers are Yes, Sortof, and Yes.  But I just call it a universe.
 It doesn't have "features" so much as a Cosmology.

>If
>its a technology it could have application from managing the little
>software that keeps track of what TV shows you like to watch in your VCR
>(or whatever VCRs turn into) to natural language parsing to modeling and
>graphics.

Yup.  Welcome to ZigZag !-)

Best, Ted

At 07:43 PM 7/5/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Ted:
>	sorry to hear that progress is delayed on ZZ.  I hope the summer finds you
>well.  I got pretty buried in a pet project of mine over the last few
>weeks, but I am still working on getting back to you with some thoughts on
>ZZ and quantum computing.  A few useful books on quantum computers have
>appeared, I'm reading one now.
>
>	But here's a zz question on a simpler order:  do you think of zz as
>operating system?, an application? or a technology (like Postscript)?  If
>its a technology it could have application from managing the little
>software that keeps track of what TV shows you like to watch in your VCR
>(or whatever VCRs turn into) to natural language parsing to modeling and
>graphics.
>
>best aloha
>Mike

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965