[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :zz: Prototypes?
- To: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :zz: Prototypes?
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 03:12:50 +1100
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <220.127.116.11.19981117230245.010219b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 11:02:45PM +0900
- References: <Your <19981115202336.D3347@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19981115162623.4247.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx> <18.104.22.168.19981117230245.010219b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 11:02:45PM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> I have to admit, I don't know what Prototypes are.
> Can it be told quickly ?-)
Function prototypes provide some additional information about the
calling conventions for a function so that the compiler can identify
cases where you have called the function inconsistently.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511