:zz: Dancing cows

Bek wrote:

>Excuse me, absolutely NO dancing cows allowed!

Actually, dancing cows have been in the specs
 since the very beginning, when it occurred to me
 that animation sequence lists did not have to follow
 a Proper Gridlike Pattern (the original insight, I think).

So the idea is that when we get out of Brick Mode
 to Self-Show Mode, a cell could indeed show itself
 as a rose, an elf, or indeed an animation of a dancing cow.
 With moosic.

Best, Ted

At 10:29 PM 11/17/98 +1100, you wrote:
>Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:
>> * Function to return the accursed cell:
>
>By this do you mean the cell a cursor points to?
>
>New mods have this (cursor_get_cell(0);)
>
>> * Function to put an error message into the status buffer:
>> 	display_message("Look!  A dancing cow!");
>
>Excuse me, absolutely NO dancing cows allowed!
>
>> * Function to read a string from the keyboard
>> 	$name = prompt_for_input("What's your name?");
>
>THIS one we need.  Ugh.
>
>>   This would require some messing around with the input routines and
>>   with `Curses'.
>
>Wanna write it for me?  I need it NOW.
>
>> I thought that in addition to adding these new functions, someone should
>> probably document the ones that are already there that might be useful,
>> like `link_make'.
>> I will be happy to assist with any part of this, or none of it, as you
>> like.  I am at your service.
>
>Documentation, WHEN  I get the new version workable, would be great :)
>
>Interestingly (or not :)), all except 3 of your new functions magically
>appeared when we re-engineered the OO stuff.  Life is good.
>

>bekj
>
>--
>: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
>: gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/
>: Reality is not digital, an on-off state, but analogue.
>: Something *gradual*. In other words, reality is a quality that
>: things posses in the same way that they posses, say, weight.
>: Some people are more real than others, for example. It has been
>: estimated that there are only about five hundred *real* people
>: on any given planet, which is why they keep unexpectedly running
>: into each other all the time  -- Terry Pratchett

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.11.21:
"Life is EXTREMELY strange, except we don't notice."  TN98