:skx: Are frames and tables related? (was Re: [zzdev] Re: (Resendo of Dirt-Simple Interface Specs):

Dominus spake thus:

>Frames and tables are not related.

Well, insofar as they make orthogonal grids
 in a Web page, they are *similar*, as the
 grasshopper is similar to the kangaroo;
 and I think of that as a relationship.
 In biology, to say that the grasshopper
 and kangaroo are "not related" is to deny
 phylogenetic near connection.  But they
 do share strong analogic, structural and strategic
 relationships.

Best, T

At 07:19 PM 11/6/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> 4)  I'm a little suspicious of frames and would like
>>  to compare the malleability of both ways.
>
>Frames and tables are not related.
>
>Frames split the browser window into several different windows, each
>of which displays different content.  Tables just arrange pieces of
>text and pictures and things into a grid.
>
>I was suggesting tables, not frames.

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.11.06:
"Everything has been said already, but not by everyone." --Karl Valentin