[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: (Resendo of Dirt-Simple Interface Specs):
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: (Resendo of Dirt-Simple Interface Specs):
- From: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 02:04:44 +0900
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <19981105133630.23534.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <Your message of "Thu, 05 Nov 1998 20:56:53 +0900." <22.214.171.124.19981105205653.0085f660@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your quick analysis.
Actually Andrew and I had decided to try it
I wanted the method described first because
2) I'd understand the code better,
3) it would allow some interesting playing with
color and effects (colored dimensions and more),
4) I'm a little suspicious of frames and would like
to compare the malleability of both ways.
At 08:36 AM 11/5/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> c d e
>> h i j
>> n o p
>> s t u
>> The numerals will be replaced by fixed-width characters.
>> THE LETTERS WILL BE REPLACED BY GIFS.
>> (At first we will ignore the special case of the cursor.)
>If you draw the whole thing as an HTML `table', then
>A. You won't have to use fixed-width text
>B. You can tell the accursed table cells to to have green
> or blue backgrounds, as appropriate.
>This is just a sugegstion, and not a demand for changes.
>Everything else in the message would stay the same as what you said.
Theodor Holm Nelson, Visiting Professor of Environmental Information
Keio University, Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368 (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.11.05:
Last words of Ludwig Wittgenstein: "Tell them I had a wonderful life."