[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Awful Hackery? (was: Re: Clarif. re inside/contents
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Awful Hackery? (was: Re: Clarif. re inside/contents
- From: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:30:36 -0500
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:22:26 +0900." <126.96.36.199.19981028182226.008d18b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
> As with many general conditions of life (what country you
> live in, living under capitalism, relationships, etc.), there are
> daily inconveniences but there's a lot to be said for the
> overall commitment.
Yes, but there are also a lot of systems in which the large benefit is
*not* worth the small inconveniences.
Remember the story about the guy who puts on his trousers every
morning by hanging them from the doorknob and taking a flying leap
from across the room?