Re: ZIGZAG

Hi--

>there have been countless bugs as we went along building our database,
>and for some we had to "rm" the whole thing.

I'm very sorry to hear that.

>However, >>On top of that, these bugs are very difficult to 'locate',
>which if we could do, we could work around these functions
>and continue our project.>>
>I was just worried that this ZigZag program might not be working yet,
>and this mail is just a check if it is or not.
>>I am very very sorry to take up your busy time,
>but please do mail me to tell us if it works or not.

Unfortunately there's no exact answer.  With most
 Most programs under development *partly* work,
 and I've found that ZigZag works pretty well-- but
 you may have run into problems I don't know about.

If you can pinpoint any of these problems, and report
 them by email to the ZigZag developer group at--
zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
I would appreciate it very much.

Best wishes, Ted N.

At 11:25 PM 10/17/98 +0900, you wrote:

>Dear Ted,
>
>I'm a student taking your ZigZag course.
>I have been working on your program for quite a while now,
>and well, it hasn't been a piece of cake.
>
>I can edit the cells, and link lists,
>make dimentions, and most of the fundumental functions.
>Already this program and it's usefulness have started to make
>sense to us. It's really "Exciting", I think is the word I am looking for.
>
>However,
>there have been countless bugs as we went along building our database,
>and for some we had to "rm" the whole thing.
>
>On top of that, these bugs are very difficult to 'locate',
>which if we could do, we could work around these functions
>and continue our project.
>

>I was just worried that this ZigZag program might not be working yet,
>and this mail is just a check if it is or not.
>
>I am very very sorry to take up your busy time,
>but please do mail me to tell us if it works or not.
>
>Thank you so much.
>
>Your student,
>
>Yuki Ishii
>s97902yi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.10.14:
"We are certainly learning more, but the more we learn the foggier it gets."
Christopher Mauger of the Super-Kamiokande Neutrino Research Project.  (AP,
98.10.10)
He went on to say: "Fortunately, our job isn't to worry about all the
consequences for reality.  That is so much more difficult a question."