[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
[zzdev] GZigZag 0.6.2 has been released
- To: gzigzag-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [zzdev] GZigZag 0.6.2 has been released
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:08:49 +0200
- Cc: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>, zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx
- Mail-followup-to: gzigzag-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>, zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
GZigZag 0.6.2 has been released.
This is an update to the 0.6 stable series. It supersedes the 0.6.1 release.
We recommend that all users of GZigZag use a stable version.
In this point release, a bug that made GZigZag not run on Java 1.2 and
above has been fixed.
The following new features have been added:
- Asko Soukka's MindSundew and MindSun views, providing a mindmapping-like
interface to the ZZ structure. They works together nicely with the common
key bindings. You can find them under AllViews after creating a new space,
or re-generating the system part of an old space using the '-new'
command line option.
Note that these views are only available in versions of GZigZag that
include this module.
The following features have been improved:
- The row/column views show like they did previous to version 0.3.0, again.
NOTE: Due to a bug in Jikes, GZZ does not compile correctly with IBM's
jikes 1.15 now; Sun's javac works (you may also want to try jikes 1.14).
This is a release of the second implementation of GZigZag (nicknamed
"Java"). It is currently in maintenance mode, and no significant new
features will be added. Alpha releases of the third implementation
under heavy development will start happening real soon now.
Download instructions are at http://www.gzigzag.org/download.html .
Note that it may take a while for the files to propagate to all mirrors.
This release will soon be also available as part of Debian GNU/Linux
(sid and hopefully also woody).
If you happen to find a bug in GZigZag, please report it. You can find
instructions at http://www.gzigzag.org/bugs.html .
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, LuK (BSc) * http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ * gaia@xxxxxx