[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] A difficult view
- To: Marlene Mallicoat <MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] A difficult view
- From: "B. Fallenstein" <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:30:21 +0100
- Cc: ZZ Developers <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <200202101010_MC3-F155-3DB2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Marlene Mallicoat wrote:
> Thanks for the info, but if 0.8.0 is coming out soon, I'll wait for that
> rather than fiddle with 0.6.0. Can anyone give an estimated date when
> 0.8.0 will be available?
Why, I can even give you two: a conservative estimate and a wild guess.
But I think what you want to hear is the wild guess, as the conservative
estimate goes: when it's ready...
The wild guess is, maybe around Easter, i.e. in about two months. But
that's mere intuition, as I think currently nobody can even say what
needs to be done, much less how much it will take to get there, or how
much time the group will be able to devote on it. It *could* turn out to
need another year (or longer), though I'm sure everybody will be trying
to avoid that!
I think it would be better to continue with 0.6.x with the moment,
because it's simply impossible (IMHO) to make even an educated guess how
long 0.8.0 will take.