[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] /tmp handling?
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] /tmp handling?
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 22:23:19 +1000
- In-reply-to: <20010708103008.A237@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from lukka@xxxxxxxxxx on Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 10:30:08AM +0300
- References: <20010708103008.A237@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 10:30:08AM +0300, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> Hmm, it just occurred to me - do we have a security issue with /tmp
> handling, using fixed names there when building the docs?
Yes, unless you always check that a file in /tmp is a real file and not
a softlink before any write operations. It's always safest to use the
maketemp() function or equivalent.
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Chief Scientist, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technology Manager, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 477, Blackburn VIC 3130 Australia Phone +61 401 258 915