[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Test if cell exists by ID
- To: Phil Mercurio <mercurio@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Test if cell exists by ID
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 21:09:18 +0300
- Cc: "B. Fallenstein" <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>, Phil Mercurio <mercurio@xxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <22.214.171.124.0.20010514103938.00a29ec0@mail>; from mercurio@xxxxxxx on Mon, May 14, 2001 at 10:54:26AM -0700
- Mail-followup-to: Phil Mercurio <mercurio@xxxxxxx>, "B. Fallenstein" <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>, Phil Mercurio <mercurio@xxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- References: <126.96.36.199.0.20010513213104.00a2ca80@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <3AFFA22F.F25499AA@xxxxxx> <188.8.131.52.0.20010514103938.00a29ec0@mail>
On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 10:54:26AM -0700, Phil Mercurio wrote:
> I had a feeling I was experiencing conceptual difficulties,
> thanks for the explanation. Benja. Tuomas also mentioned
> that this is still in flux. The approach given below for
> comparing against nextID would work for now, except that
> I assume this won't help in detecting cells that used to
> exist but have been deleted.
Deletion, as it stands, means "break all connections".
> There's a method called c() in ZZDimSpace
> that does what I was looking for, except that it's
> private. But a ZZDimSpace-level solution would be fine for me,
> any chance this method could be made public (and
> maybe renamed)?
I'd prefer having package access, and a ZZKludge class
which would call and return this.
As an aside: why do you want to know whether a cell existed?