Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] To do for article

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 04:06:31AM +0200, B. Fallenstein wrote:

> Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> >
> > Demos:
> >         - file browser (Benja, Rauli)
> >                 - should use JInternalFrame
> >                   to make cooler-looking display
>
> I don't have a clue at what you want to do here (except if you want to
> replace the panes by JInternalFrames, which would require re-writing
> VobPanel COMPLETELY, as well as writing a new VobScene implementation,
> because overlapping panes are nowhere near being possible at the moment).

We don't have to show anything overlapping.

Does it need a complete reimplementation really? There's just one vobset
there, isn't there?

Then you could probably just put the JInternalFrames inside one pane
and just have the vob-placing views walk up the hierarchy to know their
relative coordinates.

> >         - code to time an event stream and play back, writing
> >           .ppm files
> >           - must show mouse cursor, and also output sound track
> >             clicks at the right times.
>
> The guidelines UIST refers to require that the video is real-time; is
> the plan you describe ok in that case?

Hmmm... it's a borderline case.

> > Text:
> >         - lots of stuff.
> >         - refactored Vob Scene explanation (Tuomas)
> >         - file browser (Benja)
> >         - Design patterns (Vesa)
> >         - ???
>
> Components (Benja). (Namely, an explanation of how vobs map to use with
> lightweight components.)

Yes.

	Tuomas