Re: Version no. in the dataset as well

On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 08:02:59AM +1000, Gossamer wrote:
> Xanni, can we make a fixed-number cell have the version number
> in it?  That's the easiest way ...

That isn't really necessary.  We have only made one fundamental change to
the data structure, which is easily recognised: the early versions used a
"type character" as the first character of all cells.  If the contents
of cell zero (the home cell) start with a space or if the contents of the
cursor cells start with a capital C, we have one of these old datasets.

Other than that, the only changes have been to the names of the dimensions,
which can easily be determined by reading the dimension list.  It's also
safer to examine the data rather than relying on a program version number.

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***
--
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam