:zz: TRIUMPH! They seemed to understand it!

Some strange magic occurred.

I'm requiring both my undergraduate students
 (course called "Information Media") and graduate
 students (course called "Cinema of the Mind")
 to learn ZigZag.

Everything went wrong this morning.  I had far less
 time to prepare than anticipated.  I BOTCHED
 THE DEMO HALFWAY THROUGH.

But then somehow--

the WHOLE ROOM lit up.  Ken'ichi (who was
 assisting me) said, "I think the class got it."
 And two or three students came up to me to say
 they were really excited about ZigZag.

I wish I knew what I did right.  The following class
 (graduate students) got roughly the same presentation
 and sat stoically.

Ah, well.  You never know.  Comedians have sayings
 about it (which I don't remember)-- like, "Sometimes
 you get a great audience, sometimes you don't."  Or,
 even more trenchantly, "A good house is like a waffle"...

Chrz,T

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.09.25:
"Love is the marshmallow on top of the blood-and-guts sundae we call life."
 TN 98.07