[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :zz: HEY! We can control FOUR WINDOWS!
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :zz: HEY! We can control FOUR WINDOWS!
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:39:25 +1000
- In-reply-to: <188.8.131.52.19980929093021.010b33b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 09:30:21AM +0900
- References: <184.108.40.206.19980929093021.010b33b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 09:30:21AM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> We have four arrow-sets on a standard PC keyboard--
> diamond esfc
> diamoond ijl,
> arrow keys
> AND THE NUMERIC KEYPAD!
> That means that we can have four different windows
> with four different arrowsets-- ASSUMING that we
> set NumLock ON, so the numbers are numbers
> instead of arrows !-)
Except of course that this prevents the existing use of the numbers.
I think if we go to more than two windows we may want an input method
that can be generalised to an arbitrary number of windows.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511