Re: [zzdev] :zz: Markity Mark

Ted Nelson wrote:
>> Ted, am I correct that the idea is that performing a marking
>> operation enters "marking mode", and any operation other than
>> marking or cursor moves (including quitting ZZ!) exits marking
>> mode?
> That's the style I like.
[...]
> (Possibly we should have an "end command" command-- for use only
> when necessary-- though I've already had perfectly good results by
> typing an implausibly long string of numbers followed by "g", which
> beeps and forgets :)

As far as I know, having a mode-ful interface like this (with a 'mark
mode' and a 'general mode') is generally considered a Bad Thing in
user interface design.  That's not to say don't do it, just that it's
often confusing to users.  Is there perhaps any other way we could do
it?

Gossamer

--
: Gossamer     gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  | Xanadoodler