Re: [zzdev] Changing back others' changes

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 11:08:35AM +0200, B. Fallenstein wrote:

> > Make virtualcommunity demo work again: SceneFlob MUST NOT
> > BE BOXED FLOB: rotated sceneflobs go totally screwy.
>
> > More virtualcommunity fixes
>
> How about doing fixes in a more sensible way than just changing back
> what someone else changed-- because that will surely screw others' code?
> And it wouldn't get us anywhere if I now just reverted your changes
> again, would it?

Definitely not.

Apologies. I was in a hurry - a screenshot was due in half an hour and
the code was rendering very screwily. I was basically going AAARGGHH and
flying from file to file ;)

> In the case of SceneFlobs, note that boxed flobs have a needsBox()
> method. You can override it to return false.

Ah, right. The problem there is that I haven't really touched the old
code in a while so I didn't know this. I just committed the code to
do it your way.

Hmm... the name is a bit odd: I'm not saying that a RotatedSceneFlob
doesn't need a box, I'm saying that it *mustn't* be boxed...

> In the case of FTextLayouter, why not add a structparam (which can be
> set through the constructor, see firstCap) which decides whether to clip
> or not? i.e. doClip or some such.

Sure. OTOH, the single text strings should never be clipped - that's
woefully inefficient. Instead, the code using the ftext should place e.g.
a sceneflob outside which would do the clipping. Not committing a change yet.

	Tuomas