Scaling, the other way around

Hi!

Problem: We are currently scaling cell sizes from a given "standard
font." That is, we take a font (with size) and say: ok, our first cell
is 1.6 times that size, and each following cell is 10% smaller (for
example). No matter what the size of the surrounding window, the cells
are always the same size (and when the image goes out of bounds, we clip).

But now, we have a "window cell view." This cell view is a cell view
that shows the contents of a window, inside a cell. (Eventually, I'd
like a "focus-and-context desktop," where the windows themselves are
cells in a ZZ view.) Now this poses two problems with scaling:

* Firstly, when the window-cell is shown the regular size, it looks
weird: not even one cell inside the window is shown fully, and no
wonder, because the cell isn't scaled down (its size is still determined
from the same font value).

* And secondly, what if the window shows its own window-cell inside
itself? The window-cell of course again contains itself, and ad
infinitum (or rather, ad you quit Java). I would like to stop the loop
by looking at the size: if the space is that-and-that small, don't build
the view, just leave it empty. But that doesn't work, because the third
window will not be smaller than the second, and the fourth not smaller
than the third... because the size of the flobset doesn't change the
size of the scene flobs we build our view into.

What I want is that the window-cell appears as a scaled-down version of
the real window, i.e. that the cells in the window cell are scaled to be
REAL SMALL. Any ideas as to how to implement that?
- Benja