[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Notes on accessing past versions
- To: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Notes on accessing past versions
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 17:00:59 +0200
- In-reply-to: <20010224152828.A1257@xxxxxxxxxxx>; from gaia@xxxxxx on Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 03:28:28PM +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20010223114609.A18335@xxxxxxxxxxx> <3A96DA92.FA0032F4@xxxxxx> <20010224115918.A32572@xxxxxxxxxxx> <3A979326.15B8DB20@xxxxxx> <20010224131831.A911@xxxxxxxxxxx> <20010224131240.F15568@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010224152828.A1257@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 03:28:28PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On 20010224T131240+0200, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > Of course, the fact that loading a version is O(space_size) is
> > a current implementation detail and should not be reflected
> > in the design too much, as it may change and then we'd be left
> > with a design with the former limitations...
> Okay, how about this: rename version:list to version:active and creating
> a new version:list that works as Beja suggests? That way when accessing
> past versions becomes constant-time, we can just drop version:active
> or make it a non-magical curiosity. But for now I want some interface
> there that allows me to control which versions are active.
> > BTW: Great work on getting versions working, now for merging and
> > we can finally start using ZZ for our group's notes...
> We also need authentication and some kind of subspace support in ZTP
> before it can be used in a real network environment.
Those are easier, as they have been implemented over and over for
other protocols so it's nothing new or major.
The merging, on the other hand is something new that hasn't
to my knowledge been done in this type of space - maybe we could
write an article on that once done.