Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Notes on accessing past versions

On 20010224T131240+0200, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> Of course, the fact that loading a version is O(space_size) is
> a current implementation detail and should not be reflected
> in the design too much, as it may change and then we'd be left
> with a design with the former limitations...

Okay, how about this: rename version:list to version:active and creating
a new version:list that works as Beja suggests?  That way when accessing
past versions becomes constant-time, we can just drop version:active
or make it a non-magical curiosity.  But for now I want some interface
there that allows me to control which versions are active.

> BTW: Great work on getting versions working, now for merging and
> we can finally start using ZZ for our group's notes...

We also need authentication and some kind of subspace support in ZTP
before it can be used in a real network environment.

--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%