[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Notes on accessing past versions
- To: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Notes on accessing past versions
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:28:28 +0200
- In-reply-to: <20010224131240.F15568@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from lukka@xxxxxxxxxx on Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 01:12:40PM +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20010223114609.A18335@xxxxxxxxxxx> <3A96DA92.FA0032F4@xxxxxx> <20010224115918.A32572@xxxxxxxxxxx> <3A979326.15B8DB20@xxxxxx> <20010224131831.A911@xxxxxxxxxxx> <20010224131240.F15568@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 20010224T131240+0200, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> Of course, the fact that loading a version is O(space_size) is
> a current implementation detail and should not be reflected
> in the design too much, as it may change and then we'd be left
> with a design with the former limitations...
Okay, how about this: rename version:list to version:active and creating
a new version:list that works as Beja suggests? That way when accessing
past versions becomes constant-time, we can just drop version:active
or make it a non-magical curiosity. But for now I want some interface
there that allows me to control which versions are active.
> BTW: Great work on getting versions working, now for merging and
> we can finally start using ZZ for our group's notes...
We also need authentication and some kind of subspace support in ZTP
before it can be used in a real network environment.
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%