Re: [zigzag] GZigZag 0.5.0 has been released]

Title: Re: [zigzag] GZigZag 0.5.0 has been released]
Hi AJ,

I happened across the following passage while doing some research this evening relative to another software project I'm working on with a friend here in Tokyo. It gives a couple of key uses of the word 'stable', which manage to capture pretty well the essence of what I've been trying to present to you in my previous messages.

Reliability
We realize that a DBMS must be reliable, or it is worthless. We strive to release well-tested, stable code that has a minimum of bugs. Each release has at least one month of beta testing, and our release history shows that we can provide stable, solid releases that are ready for production use. We believe we compare favorably to other database software in this area.

The word 'stable' is used twice here, in the phrases "well-tested, stable code" and then in "we can provide stable, solid releases that are ready for production use."

This above-quoted selection is taken directly from

http://www.se.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html

which is the FAQ page for PostGreSQL. PostGreSQL, as I'm sure you must know, is an Open Source development project, one with very strong University and UNIX roots; as the FAQ page notes:

"The original Postgres code, from which PostgreSQL is derived, was the effort of many graduate students, undergraduate students, and staff programmers working under the direction of Professor Michael Stonebraker at the University of California, Berkeley."

Cheers,

edward harter