Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] More about dimensions (lists)

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > Hm, are there any plans to introduce (generic) lazy structures in ZZ?
> > As in, assign to the current cell a procedure that produces a ZZ structure
> > starting from current cell poswards on d.foo; then move your cursor
> > poswards on d.foo, and the procedure is run until it produces a cell
> > there (with the new cell possibly containing a procedure to generate more
> > cells as needed); and as you traverse the structure, more of it will be
> > generated on demand? (just a crazy thought, but it could be useful in
> > modeling countably infinite structures)
>
> At the moment, no concrete plans until you make them ;) ;) ;)

It might be interesting to look at --

http://www.xanadu.com.au/mail/zigzag/msg00253.html

a mail from Brent Turcotte dating from last October which dealt with
similar thoughts. We might add that the cells should be transient. And,
there might be some nasty interactions with versioning and the global ZZ
space (ZigZag's docuverse, should such a beast ever be specced). Other
than that, just keep in mind that the cells should be transient UP TO
THE MOMENT WHERE THEY'RE LINKED TO A NON-GENERATED CELL, in which they
should become ordinary cells, BUT STILL CONNECTED TO THEIR GENERATED
NEIGHBOURS.

Probably useful for many things, if it's done in a clean and sufficient
way..

-b.