Curseling (Cursor selection)

Hi all--

I've written a "curseling" (or cursor selection) mode for gZZ which is
thought of as kind of an intermediator towards Ted's last cursor specs
-- we do have the system cursor list, and we can change the cursor
associated with a view, but we don't have the personal cursors list, nor
the active cursors list, nor the capability to create new windows.
Anyways, this is great to experiment with d.cursor-cargo. Here is the
documentation file I wrote for this mode (to use it, download the newest
snapshot -- it's in there).

Two things I want to add to this soon: it should go into zzspec.wml
(where it isn't yet), and there should be a "g" (goto) or maybe "s" (spy
or stalk) key in curseling mode, which attatches the view to the cursor
the cell the view is currently on cargoes -- much better than the
current up/down, because you can just go to the FlobRaster structparam
of a view (to name just one example), go into curseling mode and hit "g"
or "s" and your view is bound to the flob raster cursor. Now moving your
view changes the flob raster -- same goes for dimensions etc.

Hope you like it. ;)
- Benja

How to use the cursel feature (as of 00-08-04)

"Cursel" means "cursor selection." There is now a mode where you can choose
between different cursors for a view. Here are the instructions as to how.

In normal mode:
Alt-C -- switches to cursel mode. I like to reconfigure this to spacebar --
         much faster. Note that the view's background now shows the
color of
         its current cursor -- useful when there are multiple cursors on the
         same cell.
Esc   -- now re-attaches the standard cursors to the views before it moves
         them to the home cell. When you're lost, hit Esc.

In cursel mode:
Left/Right arrow (or sf or jl): choose between cursors on the system list.
Up/Down arrow (or ec or i,): choose between cursors on the same cell as the
                             current cursor.
Tab or Spacebar or Esc: Select this cursor, quit cursel mode.

To get four additional cursors:
With the left view, go to "CreateCursors" on the Action list. Hit Enter.
Note that you can apply this multiple times, but it'll give you multiple
cursors of the same color.

To bind the two views together:
Go into cursel mode. Hit Left, Right, s, f, j, or l until both views
have the
same background (and thus, cursor) color. Quit cursel mode.

To bind a view to a "magic cursor:"
Go to the first entry on the FlobRaster list. Make sure at least one of your
views is shows this raster. Go into cursel mode. Hit Up/Down (or e/c if you
use the left view) until the background of your view gets white: this
means you
have attached the view to a cursor without an associated color. Raster cursors
don't have associated colors (at the time I'm writing this). Now quit cursel
mode. Move the cursor up and down and watch what happens. (Easiest way
to get
back to normal from here is to hit Esc.)

To show very clearly how the cursing system in ZZ works:
Create the four additional cursors (see above). Edit the dimension list
so that
d.cursor is on it. Cursel the golden cursor, go to the FlobRaster cell
on the
system list, and go to the rightmost cell. Now cursel the violet cursor
and go
to the FlobRaster cell. Make sure at least one of your views is set to the
standard vanishing raster (whose cell is between your two cursors now). Rotate
the view so that d.1 is on the X- and d.cursor on the Y-axis. Now play around
with the violet and the golden cursor, and show how the connections on d.cursor
change.