Re: [zzdev] :zz: Family trees (was Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag/Java ZZTreeRaster.java (fwd)

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 09:13:03PM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> Will it work with my family tree demo?
> http://www.xanadu.com/HolmFamilyDemo.html

I don't know, haven't tested it.  I suspect that it would not be too
hard to make it work sensibly.

(Oh, it will work in any case as in it will not crash, but it may not
be the best raster for it.  But we'll see.)

My approach at this raster is to make it do something sensibly and then
see if it works for something more complex, and then making it work for
it if it can be done.

So: if you try it out and it doesn't work sensibly, just tell me, and
also tell me what it should do, and I'll see what can be done :-)

> It's a tree in the odd way that every family tree is a tree--
> with incoming branches for every spouse.

Yeah, sort of like intertwined (is this the right word?) simple trees.

--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%