[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag/Java ZZTreeRaster.java (fwd)
- To: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag/Java ZZTreeRaster.java (fwd)
- From: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@xxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:59:44 +0300 (EEST)
- Cc: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20000714171703.A8244@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 09:54:17AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> > What I mean is that you don't need to go as far as to find an actual "root".
> > Just go up in the tree a couple of steps. (at least optionally).
> Yeah... but in that case the ZZGraphics instance does not know of the
> other cells and thus cannot draw any connections from a cell to a distant
> cell not visible. The current system models the whole tree and tells
> the ZZGraphics instance the positions of all cells, not merely of those
> who are visible.
That's terribly slow for large trees. You should probably go at most
one step off-screen.