Version control (wuz Re: [zzdev] :gzz: And you guys LIKE Sourceforge? (wuz Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T

u sez

>Version control is a complicated problem in general.

I agree.  I believe I wrote one of the first papers on it in '65.

ChrzT

At 08:45 AM 7/11/00 +0300, you wrote:
>On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Ted Nelson wrote:
>> As I lurk on these messages about the complexities of Sourceforge,
>>  it almost sounds to me that starting your own site would be easier ...
>
>This is not about sourceforge but about the version control system, CVS.
>If we had our own site we'd probably still use CVS because it's currently
>the best available option.
>
>Version control is a complicated problem in general.
>
>	Tuomas

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965