:zz: The Plan for ZigZag (3)

WHAT WE NEED FOR 1.0

This thing is good and it is exciting and we need to get it out.  Therefore
let's correct the obvious problems and start giving it a number greater
than one.

The following mods are intended to be SMALL AND QUICK.  The idea is to get
out a clean 1.0 as soon as possible.

Anything that slows up delivery of 1.0 is negotiable.

Backup and safety ----------
- Create some more robust and frequent backup mode.
- Floppy save (same as the HotZiggity floppy save that Andrew's working
on)-- might as well work the same easy way from a desktop machine as well.

Dimension names ----------
- Rename "d.contain" to "d.inside".
- Rename "d.contain2" to "d.contents".

Bug fix ----------
- Make d.Inside and d.Contents work correctly: Correct the interpretation
of these two so they are no longer symmetrical, as follows.
-- The only things to be seen inside an item are what is on the list
posward of it on d.inside and then posward on d.contents (recursive).
-- The entire list of "d.contents" is by interpretation inside the cell
which is negward on d.inside of the item most negward on d.contents.
-- Note that such lists may be contatenated along d.contents; but the
interpretation of each content sublist begins at an relatively outside
cell, i.e. one which is negward on d.inside, and ends just before the next
relatively outside cell.

Aesthetics ----------
- Make the feedback line invisible except as an  option.  I'm sorry but it
spoils the whole aesthetic.
- Remove the yellow on the clones.  For now we'll just show clones with the
"c" on the accursed cell.  (Later it'll be a view toggle.)

Include External Routines ----------
- Have a provision to include the user's code from files with some
particular extension or prefix.
-- That way, a change in ZigZag does not require users to re-edit their
changes into the program.

How seems this list?

Cheers, T

http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
Quotation of the day:
"Friends don't target friends with nuclear weapons."  --Sen. Richard G.
Lugar, 98.06.15 (Washington Post).