Re: :zz: Peter's oooo...kay: Is ZZ an OS?

>Does it contain its own OS,

Not currently. Maybe someday.

Actually, ZigZag **is** conceptually an OS--
 meaning a very clean way of structuring data
 at the lowest level.  So I'm interested in making it one,
 someday, somehow.

At 03:58 PM 6/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Ted,
>
>>> Fields?
>
>Records?
>
>Ain't nobody here but us Cells <g>.
>
>What you put in us, and how group, is up to you.<<
>
>Ok. What defines a cell? How big is it? Does it contain its own OS, do
>cells contain other cells with other cells in them? Is there a "nesting
>depth"?
>
>Where do I start to make stuff?
>
>What's the relationship to the screen, or other interfaces? What about
>programming? How do I identify a cell? Is there anything familiar here,
>such as a "window" or an "object"?
>
>Peter

http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
98.06.28
Quotation of the day:
"There are no foxholes in atheists, either."  Ted Nelson, 1960s.