Re: :zz,dictron: ZZ server versus clickable file

On Mon, Jun 22, 1998 at 04:09:05PM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> >Or the zigzag server could start a copy of your preferred
> >web browser and point it at the correct address.  This approach has the
> >additional benefit that it allows us to pick a port number at runtime.
>
> Great, let's do that.
>
> (I presume that if the browser is already running,
>  it just does this anyway, as when you click a URL
>  from somewhere else that opens another browser window.)

Not in general, but with Netscape at least you can check if the browser is
already running and if so invoke another copy with a special argument which
will ask it to pass the URL on to the existing copy before exiting.

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***
--
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam