:zz: How to output a slice (2)

(since we presently don't define a Negend
 for loop ranks (but we will), we left out the
 looping ranks in each dimension.  They're still marked.

So after we've done all the straight ranks
 in d.1 (not looped), we go for the loop ranks.

==================

Go to any m.d.1 cell that's left.  Find the cell it's marking.
 Put its cell number in the mark cell, e.g.
m.d.1-723

Now go posward from it and repeat, checking
 that we haven't gotten back to one with a
 cell number yet.

When we get to m.d.1-723, we've completed a loop.

Arbitrarily we now output that loop as a rank.
 (I may not have included a format for that.)

- - - - -
Now do it again till no m.d.1 mark cells are left.

Now do it for m.d.2, etc.

Cheers, T

http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
Quotation of the day:
"I have recently decided, to my dismay, that perhaps this IS the best of
all possible worlds-- after an agonizing reconsideration of the meanings
and scopes of 'possibility'."  Ted Nelson, 17 June 1998.