[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Status line annoyances more
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Status line annoyances more
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 01:37:50 +1000
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, zigzag-list@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <22.214.171.124.19980618211411.012b0bf0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 09:14:11PM +0900
- References: <126.96.36.199.19980505000020.017371a0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <188.8.131.52.19980505000020.017371a0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19980520223650.A851@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <184.108.40.206.19980618211411.012b0bf0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 09:14:11PM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> I have a cursor on my laptop.
> My thumb occasionally hits the touchpad,
> and it moves around.
> I don't think there's a cursor on my Telnet sessions.
That's the mouse cursor. You can turn off the mouse driver (gpm) if you
don't want or need "cut and paste". "gpm -k" will turn it off, though it
will be restarted next time you reboot unless you disable it altogether.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511