Re: MIME types and ZigZag

On Wed, May 20, 1998 at 08:49:55AM +1000, Gossamer wrote:
> Now, I think perhaps I don't understand how MIME works, perhaps.
> What would it -mean- if we used it?

Well, there are lots of different parts of the MIME standard, but at
present we're talking about the MIME types which are used to classify
content (data).  Having a application/x-zigzag type for a Zigzag data file
would allow us to make such a file available (on the web, for example)
and have Zigzag start and load the data when that data is retrieved.
Using the MIME types as a cell attribute would allow us to write Zigzag
routines that would know how to display and edit different kinds of data -
and configure external programs to invoke to do so, when required.

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***
--
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam