:zz: Edward Prentice' problem

Is he using the download disk, or did he personally
 install under Linux?

My impression is that the install-under-your-own-Linux
 does't have the dataset that's included in the boot disk.
 Or am I wrong?

CheerzT

At 06:03 PM 11/18/98 +1100, you wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 05:48:41PM -0500, Edward G. Prentice wrote:
>> Within the demo, I can navigate around both screens, and I've
>> even added some cells to see how that works.  What I have *NOT* been
>> able to do is to get to the sample data (calendar, genealogy, etc) that
>> I was under the impression was there. I haven't figured out how to
>> get Zigzag to read in the sample data. I figure that why I'm failing is
>> one of these reasons:
>> 	1. It is already loaded, but I haven't figured out how to navigate
>> 	to the sample data
>> 	2. I have to load in the sample data, but I haven't figured out
>> 	how to do that
>> 	3. my demo came without the same data (unlikely, since I thought
>> 	I saw kaiser wilhelm, but I don't know what I did to see that.
>> Bottom line - how do I get to something other than the 7 dimension and
>> couple of dozen actions?
>
>It's probably 1.  Try using the "q" key to open up a "quad-view" of the
>cell under the cursor, then reading the instructions which explain the
>sample data provided and how to navigate.
>
>Let me know if you need more help.
>
>Cheers,
>	*** Xanni ***
>--
>mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam
>http://www.xanadu.com.au/                       Technical VP, Xanadu
>http://www.glasswings.com.au/                   Technical Editor, Glass Wings
>http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/                   Manager, Serious Cybernetics
>P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia  Phone +61 3 96511511

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.11.21:
"Life is EXTREMELY strange, except we don't notice."  TN98