:zz: Getting up Linux

Now doth Peter ask:
>What's the
>best way to set up the environment for Zigzag? I see all these Linux and
>Unix products in the catalogs.

We recommend Red Hat 5.0, in the box.
 Although you can download it, the CD-ROM
 and manual are a good combination.

Linux is definitely a major challenge.

Best, T

At 12:32 AM 7/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Ted,
>
>I will try to switch this message to the list.
>
>My system allows me to create a c:\ drive unbeknownst to DOS or whatever,
>and swap it for the "real" one. I have two now, and room for another (about
>600 MB).
>
>>> a mischievous config file <<
>
>I think it's done with a bogus Master Boot Record or something. What's the
>best way to set up the environment for Zigzag? I see all these Linux and
>Unix products in the catalogs.
>
>Peter

http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
Quotation of the day:  "You don't want to destroy the educational system.
How else are you going to keep them out of the churches?"  -- Marvin
Minsky, 1981