Introduction

Hello

I'm quite new to Xanadu. I'm involved in a post-graduate degree
in computer science (working in a digital library research
group), and have recently run across Literary Machines / Xanadu
/ Computer Lib (in that order).

I have two quick questions, which is suspect are representative
of newcomers to the field:

1) Is there a list of systems that implement some of the
dimensions of the Xanadu docuverse, listing which of the major
features they support ?

2) I understand that there isn't a full Xanadu implementation. I
understand that there are a group of people interested in
creating such an implementation. What small, incremental, steps
can individuals in an academic setting make to contribute to
this happening. I'm familiar with working on gnu projects---is
the Xanadu development anything like this ?

I was pleasantly surprised to find some comments in Literary
Machines directly relevant to the current work we are doing here
(I'm looking at what explicit and implicit metadata exists in
printed documents).

Many thanks
stuart yeates

--    stuart yeates <s.yeates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka `loam'
``If I can't dance then its not my revolution.'' -- Emma Goldman