Re: Upgrading the news URL

Andrew Pam wrote:

> Interesting - I knew that DejaNews had a significant archive of Usenet,
> but I was not aware until now that they had committed to archiving all
> of Usenet indefinitely.

Er, they don't, and can't be expected to.  They have a gigantic chunk
of Usenet, but I know for a fact that some articles I've written in the
past year aren't on DejaNews.

> Well, I have already done that part, but I think we need more than just
> the transclusion syntax!  For one thing, DejaNews represents a potential
> single point of failure.

Yes, that was the other problem.  I mean, DejaNews could keep backups
and mirrors, but I wouldn't want the whole system to be backed up by one
organization.

     -Give me ambiguity or give me something else-
                          dAN